Now that it is two months past my birthday, I believe it is time to share how I did on my 29 before I’m 29 list. It’s been a long time coming, but I have had a lot of fun checking things off my list! If I didn’t, I just left it blank! Time to make a 30 before 30 list!
All in all, I did 22 out of the 29 things listed. That’s a 76% success rate! Not bad! Not bad at all!
1. Sew a Dress.
2. Make Macaroons AND Meringues. [I made coffee meringues on January 25, 2013 and they were so so delicious! I made the macaroons about 2 days before my birthday. Cutting it close, but finishing! Full post here!]
3. Run a 5k (ha!). [I dominated (ha!) the Run Through Redlands on April 21, 2013. It was fun, and I'm ready to do another. Well, I need to train again, but I want to do another! Update 6/5/2014: I have run two Run through Redlands, one turkey trot, one Rock n Glow Night Run, and one fun run 5k this year. Oh yeah and in February I almost died of underpreparedness in the Phoenix 5k fun run for Westin WellBeing! Lots of running!]
4. Finish Reading / Discussing with Shelly Created to be his Help Meet. [I finished reading it in January. I talked a bit about it a bit last summer. She is definitely a bit too conservative and complementarianistic for me. But there were some great things to learn about running my household well and honoring my husband.]
5. Stay at a Bed & Breakfast. [Done and done! We went on a one night getaway to a local B & B in our sixth anniversary. I can't believe it's been six years already!
We lounged around and watched movies while eating the cake they gave us!
6. Travel for our 5th Anniversary. [Done. We did two nights in Santa Barbara and 2 nights in Pismo. It was delightful! I have even made a photo album and had it printed. Thank you Shutterfly free albums for helping me get that finished!]
7. Pay Off One of our Loans. [Still have a ways to go on this. But not giving up!!]
8. Get a New Tattoo (I have known what I wanted for like 4 years!) [Completed on March 8, 2013. It says Matthew. I LOVE it! I still want two more, but haven't gotten them done yet.]
9. Sell Some of my Yarn (I have a bunch of stuff I don’t need in my craft room) [I sold a bunch at my yard sale in April 2013 and then gave away another batch on my blog. Now I'm challenging myself to only use what I have for projects.]
10. Knit Something (anything!) [I've been crocheting everything I can to try and finish my Crochet Every Day Project Goal!]
11. Start my new blog. [You're here! First post was in February 2013.]
12. Finish Guest Bathroom (it’s been a two year remodel) [We finished sometime last Winter. It is not even recognizeable from what it started with! Left for original, right for new, obviously!
13. Go Whale Watching [Did this on March 9, 2013 to start off our anniversary trip. We saw a pod of killer whales. It was awesome... until Matthew fed the fishes some of his breakfast. ]
14. Go to a Wine Bar with Matt (or Friends) [I went to a local place with three friends on May 3, 2013. The wine was just okay, and I found it a bit weird that this one guy "makes" 30+ types of wine. Hmmm. It was a fun night with friends though, and I wore a cute DIY shirt. Update 6/5: The wines have grown on me and I'm actually a member now!]
15. Chalk Dye my Hair! [I let the girls at church chalk dye my hair in May 2013. Okay, fine. I totally asked them to do it! It was fun, but very faint. Definitely going to do that again! Update 6/5: I actually used a bunch of chalk dye in my hair for Halloween last year. First as a mermaid, then at work as an 80's rocker!]
16. Knott’s Berry Farm Trip [We went in January and had a blast. Plus, it was free! Actually we went this year in January too. And also checked out the Bodies Exhibit down the street. Very cool! Can't wait to go back to see the Titanic Experience!]
Matt won me a giant puppy in two tries!
17. Eat Lamb [This was accomplished during my family trip to Disneyland in May 2013. I had lamb pasta at the Carthay Circle, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It was definitely gamey, and a little spicy. I definitely want to try it again. Update 6/5: It's on my meal plan this week! We shall see how it tastes when I cook it!]
18. Lord of the Rings Marathon (why not?) [I watched extended versions of 1 and half of 2 with Alice and Rj over the summer. Plans to finish at some point, but calling it good!]
19. Do One Project with my Instagram Pics [I made two frames with pics inside, and an inspiration wall in my bathroom. Mission accomplished. Although I still plan to make some insta necklace charms. Update 6/5: Totally made those necklaces too!]
20. Read the WHOLE Bible [Not even close. Sad days.]
21. Complete the 21 Day Sugar Detox [I finished this on January 20, 2013 and did a whole write up about Sugar & Booze on my other blog. I did it again in August of 2013, complete with a photo challenge: weeks one, two, and three!]
22. Cheese Tasting in Temecula [I did this a couple weeks ago, but we did try and go in April, but the restaurant closed early, so I'm counting it as finished! Oh and the brie baked in sourdough, amazing!! So delicious!]
23. Save Up for a Food Processor. [Purchased on February 18, 2013! I LOVE it! I make nut butters, cauliflower pizza, and grate cheese. Best investment ever.]
24. Visit Alcatraz (I lived in the Bay Area for 18 years and never went)
25. Downsize Magazine Stacks in Craft Room [I sold some of them at my garage sale. I still have a long way to go.]
26. Have a Baby (yup, I just put it out there. No. I’m not pregnant) [Obviously that did not happen, and I have lamented a lot about waiting and choosing joy. Which I am still doing. Last week I visited a functional medicine doctor, so we shall see what happens there!]
27. Make Family Yearbooks (2007-2012)
28. Make a Mojito. [Made a regular and strawberry margarita on 2/15/2013. And lucky you, I shared my recipe!]
29. Wine Chair Cushions. [I finished these on February 22, 2013. So fun and cute. Plus I can wash them. Double win! I'm pretty sure I've had a post in my drafts about these for a year. We shall see if that ever gets posted!]
Whew. Just looking back at that list reminds me of all that I accomplished!